Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock) Pagoda
Located about 160 km from Yangon, Kyaikhtiyo is the largest domestic tourism centre. It stands on a gilded boulder precariously perched on the edge of the hill over 3615 feet above sea level. There are many legends about the pagoda and Nat (Spirit Gods) shrines along the way from the base camp to the pagoda. There is also a popular belief that a person gains in wealth every time he climbs the hill. It is a test of one’s endurance and is very exhilarating once a person has reached the summit. Kyaikhto Hotel located on the hill side is the full view of the pagoda. The season of pilgrimage is from October to May. Our coach has to stop at Kinpun Base camp. From there we have to use an open truck which is normally used for hilly track up. It can also reach by trekking from the base camp. Porters and palanquins are available to carry luggage and pilgrims who are too old or weak.
Note : an overnight or day return visit is recommended to the Golden Rock.
Book This Tour
We are currently updating the price and please feel free to contact us for any inquiry by clicking here.
Service Includes :
- Accommodation with breakfast (if require)
- Transfer & sightseeing with private A/C car or coach.
- Entrance Fees
- English speaking guide fee
- Local truck fees at Kyaikhtiyo
- 2 bottles mineral water and one snow towel per day will be provided
- Visa fee for Myanmar
- Meals (Lunch & dinner)
- International flights
- Drinks, tips and personal expenses
- Any other item not mentioned in service includes